Students in classroom

Domestic study

Get a jump-start on college credits by taking courses at a community college or as a visiting student at another four-year university.

Domestic transfer timeline
*If you choose to take courses at another four-year university, we encourage enrolling in a visiting student or continuing education program rather than as a degree-seeking student. As a visiting student, you can take undergraduate courses for credit that can be applied to your SMU degree.
**If you enroll in another college or university prior to starting at SMU, it is important to remember that your offer of admission is contingent on your earning above a 2.5 transferable GPA

I was able to take classes and get 14 credit hours with good grades. I also coached youth field hockey in my town, babysat and worked in a local coffee shop.

— Ellery Baran ’21

Contact us

Visit our FAQs page.
Let’s connect
Contact our office if you have questions.
Follow us
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.