We have re-opened the SMU Office of Undergraduate Admission to host in-person information sessions and student ambassador led tours (at reduced group sizes). Click here for more information. Please click here for up-to-date information on admission events.
An exciting time in your student’s life.
We are here for you. In this rapidly-changing world filled with uncertainty – know that SMU is dedicated to providing all students with a personalized education and that we are committed to the health and safety of our community. Learn about our plans for Fall 2020 and please use the resources below to make informed decisions as you look ahead to this exciting time in your student’s life.
Affording a Sound Investment
Higher education remains a strong investment, one that can be taken anywhere, anytime. A solid academic foundation produces dividends for a lifetime. When assessing the cost of your student’s education, a private school education may be more affordable than you realize.
- 3 out of 4 undergraduate students receive scholarships and/or financial aid.
- 72% of SMU students graduate without debt.
- SMU is ranked #11 in merit aid in Money Magazine 2019 Best Colleges
For more information on scholarships and financial aid, visit www.smu.edu/financialaid.
Promoting Students' Wellness and Safety
Learn about the support services that enhance students’ well-being and put them on the road to both personal and professional success.
- The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center is a convenient medical clinic located on campus which provides diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury and counseling services provided by psychiatrists and psychologists. Services include consultations with physicians, minor surgery, care of injuries, treatment of minor illnesses, immunizations, and continuation of treatments such as allergy injections. The Health Center also offers specialty clinics which include gynecology, sports medicine and dermatology. Other specialists and advanced care facilities are in close proximity to campus.
- The Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports features the latest fitness and health equipment and classes, with a variety of options for staying fit and healthy and reducing stress.
- SMU Dining Services is home to an impressive selection of healthy options including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options and comfort food - all freshly prepared!
- SMU’s location in a residential neighborhood enhances the strong sense of community.
- SMU Police, our own on-campus 24-hour police force, works closely with the police departments of Dallas, University Park and Highland Park to foster campus security.
Equipping Your Student for Success
Your student’s success is our success. SMU is committed to providing the tools to enable your son or daughter to take advantage of the resources and benefits we offer. SMU encourages students to stretch themselves academically and personally, and infuses the appropriate supports to help them succeed at every level of the undergraduate curriculum.
- Students are successful at SMU because of services like the Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center, which provides free tutoring and learning support services to all undergraduate students.
- Faculty in Residence live in the residence halls to provide academic support and programming in SMU’s residential communities.
- Academic advisors work closely with students to develop individual degree plans that are driven by each student’s unique educational interests and goals.
- The Hegi Family Career Development Center staff works with students to create a plan for life after graduation. Six months after graduation 93% of SMU graduates have jobs or are in grad school.
- International students have access to the incredible services provided by the International Student and Scholar Services(ISSS) office including informative programing on Optional Practical Training, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and additional immigration support, a leadership development program, a mentorship program, and fun social events and small trips throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
- SMU is home to six on-campus libraries (Fondren, Bridwell, the Business Library, DeGolyer, Hamon and Underwood) and one off-campus library at the SMU-in-Taos campus. In addition to the physical library spaces, the libraries provide various services for students. Several include teaching resources to empower all students to locate, evaluate, and use information knowledgeably and ethically, the ability to meet 1:1 with a librarian, scheduled class instructions tailored to academic school or college, a research guidelines course, and individual and group low-distraction and quiet study spaces.
Encouraging Your Participation in Your Student’s College Years
SMU is a vibrant community, and parents are encouraged to be active and engaged members of our community! You’ll hear regularly from SMU’s Parent and Family Programs Office. You’ll be invited to Family Weekend and other parent-focused events. We include parents on task forces and in focus groups. You’ll quickly discover that SMU believes in having open and honest conversations, even about difficult topics.
Connect with the SMU Office of Undergraduate Admission
- Connect with your assigned SMU admission counselor.
- Visit SMU! We know you will love our beautiful 234-acre tree-lined campus.
- Connect with the SMU Office of Undergraduate Admission virtually.
- Prospective students can learn more about the Hilltop by attending one of our admission events. Admitted students will be emailed information regarding admitted student events.
- Keep in touch with us! Follow @smuadmission on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
SMU Office of Undergraduate Admission Location and Contact Information
Laura Lee Blanton Building
6185 Airline Road, 2nd Floor
Dallas, TX 75275
SMU Undergraduate Admission
P.O. Box 750181
Dallas, TX 75275
Office Hours: 8:30 am-5 pm CST