Access SMU: Empowering world changers for Texas
A new initiative to help exceptional students from Texas who receive federal Pell Grants and SMU merit scholarships pursue their college dreams.
Go for big dreams
SMU has launched Access SMU – additional merit scholarships – beginning with Texas students to meet full need for high-achieving scholars who receive federal Pell Grants and SMU merit scholarships. Regardless of financial background, the dream of pursuing an exceptional college education at SMU is fully within reach. At SMU, we welcome your ideas, passion and drive that help make our community strong. Our rigorous academics with distinguished faculty, incredible campus experiences and lifelong connections will launch your successful future.
- • Enter SMU as a full-time, first-year student directly from high school.
- • Qualify for and receive a federal Pell Grant. 1, 2
- • Receive a Founders', Second Century, Distinguished or Provost academic scholarship from SMU.
- • Have a permanent home address in Texas. 2
- • Submit the FAFSA and CSS: Profile. 2
1. Students and families with a negative Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) are not eligible for this program.
2. Additional qualifications and verification may be required.
12,391 student enrollment
6,914 undergraduate/5,477 graduate (Fall 2021)
33% students of color
(Fall 2021 undergraduate and graduate)
A worldwide network that has your back
134,000+ SMU alumni worldwide, 60,000+ alumni in DFW
Access top employers
Multiple career centers help with pursuing internships or landing a job.
200+ student organizations
where you can lead, serve and grow.
of SMU’s Cox School of Business Class of 2021 undergraduates were off the market at or around graduation.
of SMU’s Lyle School of Engineering students land internships; 82% employed at graduation.
SMU Simmons School applied physiology and sport management grads enter jobs or graduate school.
of SMU Class of 2021 graduates had jobs or were in graduate school within 6 months of graduation.