Who Can Have a Web Site?
The following groups or individuals may have a web site hosted on SMU servers:
- Any official part of the university, such as divisions, schools, departments, etc., provided that the part's site does not conflict with, duplicate, or overlap with a parent part's site.
- Students, staff, and faculty may host academic, personal, and research sites at people.smu.edu.
- Faculty may host academic and research sites at faculty.smu.edu, but note that this is a deprecated server that doesn't have WordPress.
- Organizations and groups:
- Any undergraduate student organization may have a web site only while it is chartered through the Student Activities Center. This is per a 2000-ish agreement with the SAC.
- Any graduate student organization may have a web site if it is sponsored by a school.
- An employee group that is furthering official university business may have a space hosted within the site of their sponsoring entity.
The following may not host sites at SMU:
- Any organization not listed above.
- Employee organizations or causes that are not connected to official university business or exceed the employees' responsibility at the university.