An event is defined as any gathering requiring AV support outside of a regularly scheduled class. This includes lectures and meetings held in classrooms outside of a scheduled class time.
In order to provide the best support possible for your event, we ask that you complete the request form 5 days prior to your event. If you do not provide 5 day notice, we will do our best to accommodate the request but can not guarantee coverage.
Please complete the Event request form and indicate that AV support is needed via smu.edu.stable.
Please Note: We do not provide AV Event support services off campus. If you are hosting a meeting at an alternate venue, please utilize the AV services offered by that venue.
- Audio services (microphones, sound systems, audio players)
- Video services (projectors, displays)
- Video Recording/Editing Service
- In order to meet the needs of both the classroom AV and Event AV services, we no longer offer the AV editing service. We can offer a limited recording service. However, it will not be professional grade video. If you plan to publish the video on your website or use it in promotional material, that work will need to be contracted out. We can recommend a few preferred vendors if you are interested.
- We can offer a camera that will shoot a wide shot of the event. Please be sure to request this service early so we can arrange the staffing. When the event is over we will give you the raw footage to use at your discretion.
There are a number of different locations across campus equipped with a variety of AV gear. If your event requires AV equipment, please reserve a room that is already equipped whenever possible. If you need assistance in locating a room that best meets your event needs, please contact us!
Our team will meet you prior to the event to verify that all equipment is setup correctly and working. We typically do not assign a staff member to stay throughout the event. Emergency assistance is available during most events by calling 214-768-8888.
Hours of Service
We recently expanded our coverage to accommodate the various events across campus.
|Monday through Friday: 8AM-9PM
|Full time staff (7:45-7:00pm), Student Workers (8am-9pm)
|Full time staff (8:00am-5:00pm), Student Workers (8am-9pm)
Student workers only
Hours are during the semester only and do not include University holidays. If you have an event outside of the hours above, we will attempt to locate a student worker to staff the event. If we can not find coverage, we recommend contacting one of the preferred AV vendors to arrange for event staffing.
AV services are available without a fee for SMU internal events (majority of the attendees are SMU faculty, staff or students). Events where more than 50% of the attendees are non SMU faculty, staff or students may be subject to a support charge. If these events are hosted in a location with built in equipment, no charge will be assessed. If additional equipment and support is required, the estimated charges will be communicated prior to the event.
Room Setup/Furniture moves
Furniture moves and room setup should be requested through the Office of Facilities Planning and Management.