The Faculty Technology Governance Council was created to ensure that technology services are aligned more effectively throughout the University and to enable the faculty and academic areas to participate directly in providing strategic direction in technology decision-making for the campus.
Comprised of faculty representatives from each school, the SMU Guildhall, Faculty Senate, SMU libraries, and the provost's office, the Faculty Technology Council meets regularly to prioritize academic technology projects and strategies for the University. The Chief Information Officer and the Associate CIO for Academic Technology Services serve as primary IT representatives. The Associate Provost for Faculty Success chairs the Council.
The Council serves as a primary steward of SMU's academic technology strategy. Academic leaders serving on the Council will maintain an understanding of the academic technology needs of their school or organization while also advocating for technologies that enhance the capabilities of the University as a whole. Key responsibilities of members include:
- Providing input to the annual update of their school or unit's academic technology strategy.
- Helping to prioritize academic computing projects.
- Providing input to service levels.
- Advocating for SMU's IT users.
- Serving as the school's faculty IT representative and ambassador to OIT.
- Chair: Paige Ware, Office of the Provost
- Sarah Allen, Meadows School of the Arts
- Anthony Cuevas, Simmons School of Education and Human Development
- Carlos Davila, Lyle School of Engineering
- Michael Harris, Faculty Senate President
- Sreekumar Bhaskaran, Cox School of Business
- Robert Hunt, Perkins School of Theology
- Tim Cassedy, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Elfi Kraka, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Omer Ozak, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Carla Reyes, Dedman School of Law
- Steve Stringer, SMU Guildhall
- Megan Heuer, Central University Libraries
- Toni Nolen, Central University Libraries
- Michael Hites, Office of Information Technology
- Jason Warner, Office of Information Technology
- Rachel Mulry, Office of Information Technology
- Peter Moore- Interim Director of Data Science Institute and Center for Research Computing