Becoming a Microsoft Office Specialist
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification gives students and institutions of higher learning the tools they need to chart their own course, fulfill their ambition, and realize their potential.
MOS includes four levels of certification:
Showcase that you have the skills in a specific Office program.
Demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office suite by earning certification in 3 or more Office program programs.
Prove that you have the advanced skills needed to get the most out of a specific Office program. Only available for certain Office applications.
Confirm that you have the advanced skills needed to get the most out of the Office suite by earning a certification in multiple Office program programs. Must complete the Office Associate and two Expert Exams.
Students can certify at all levels. They should try to obtain the highest level possible. The market demands—and caters to—those who possess the most education and skills.
Available Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications
- Excel Associate (Excel and Excel 2019)
- Outlook Associate (Outlook and Outlook 2019) *
- PowerPoint Associate (PowerPoint and PowerPoint 2019)
- Word Associate (Word and Word 2019)
- Microsoft Access Expert (Access and Access 2019) *
- Microsoft Excel Expert (Excel and Excel 2019)
- Microsoft Word Expert (Word and Word 2019)
* The exams for Outlook Associate and Access Expert certifications are currently unavailable and will be available soon.
Where do I begin?
Microsoft Office Certification Exams are a performance-based timed exam and conducted in a "live," or simulated, environment. Candidates receive 5-7 small projects with tasks that build on each other.
Prepare for the exam by utilizing online study resources and GMetrix practice exams. GMetrix practice exams will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office certification exams. These practice exams allow you to choose between training mode, which will allow you to view hints and retry missed questions, and testing mode, which will simulate actual testing conditions.
As part of the program, in order to be eligible to sit for the free Office 2019 certification exam, you must first score an 800 on the practice exam in testing mode. This must be achieved prior to your exam.
Please Note: You will need to show proof of your results before your exam.
If you are ready to get started, submit a Help Ticket to obtain your GMetrix access code and receive information on how to schedule your exam.
Get a GMetrix access code
Becoming a Adobe Certified Associate
The Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification is an industry-recognized credential that demonstrates proficiency in Adobe digital skills. Whether you're just starting out in your career, looking to switch jobs or interested in preparing students for success in the job market, the Adobe Certified Associate program is for you.
Adobe has two levels of certification:
The Adobe Certified Associate is available for the different Adobe tools, each of which is aligned with a different digital career or industry.
Earning a Specialist certificate allows you to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise with the most common skills required for a specific industry. Requires completion of three ACA certifications.
The Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification is available for the most popular applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Available Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications
- Digital Video Using Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018)
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator (2018)
- Multiplatform Animations Using Adobe Animate CC (2018)
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign (2018)
- Visual Design Using Photoshop CC (2019)
- Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver (2018)
Adobe Certified Associate Specialist certificate
More and more, careers in top creative industries require mastery of more than one Adobe Creative Cloud tool. That's why Adobe created the ACA Specialist certificate. Earning a Specialist certificate allows you to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise with the most common skills required for a specific industry:
- Adobe Certified Associate Visual Design Specialist
Complete your ACA certification in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign within three years to earn this specialist certificate.
- Adobe Certified Associate Video Design Specialist
Complete your ACA certification in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects within three years to earn this specialist certificate.
- Adobe Certified Associate Web Design Specialist
Complete your ACA certification in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Animate within three years to earn this specialist certificate.
Benefits of Being Certified
- Allows Faculty to focus more on methodologies and spend less time on applications.
- Supervisors may utilize certification studies to close skill gaps
- Students can digitally broadcast their accomplishments with MOS 2016 online badges. These digital badges contain verifiable data that tell employers and admission committees what the student did and why it matters.
- Prepares students for advanced level courses and increases marketability.
- 91% of hiring managers consider employee certification as a criterion for hiring
- 81% of hiring mangers feel that certified individuals perform better
- 79% of hiring managers feel that certified individuals are more efficient
- 50% more likely to be hired Full Time
Study Resources for Certifications
Whether you are looking to get certified on the Office suite or using Creative Cloud, these resources will help to get you up to speed.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
Adobe Certified Associate certification
Digital Video Using Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
Multiplatform Animations Using Adobe Animate CC
Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign
Visual Design Using Photoshop CC
Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver