- Open the Settings app on your iOS Mobile Device
- Scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords
- Tap Add Account
- Select Exchange from the list
- Enter the following information when prompted:
- Email Address: Your SMU email address. It should look like this: email@example.com NOT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Whatever you want to call the account (Exchange, SMU, etc.)
- Tap Next; if prompted, select sign in
- Select Work or School Account
- Enter your SMU ID number in the username field and password in the password field and click Login
- When prompted for Administrator Approval, select Approve
- Select the apps you want to use with the account (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes)
- Tap Save
Please Note: The wireless connection may need to be off on the iPhone's configuration settings or it needs to be connected to a secure network, such as PerunaNet (on campus.) It may also help to turn wireless off and back on again to regain the correct connection to PerunaNet. There is also a dedicated app available for iOS devices called OWA for iPhone if you don't want to use the native mail client.
iPhone Contact Names Disappeared?
If your contacts on your iPhone disappear after the migration, don’t panic! They can easily be retrieved.
- Click Settings
- Click iCloud
- Turn off the synchronization with Contacts. Select “leave on my phone”
- Turn on the synchronization with contacts. Select “merge”
Everything should be back to normal!