The Solstice system is a method to connect laptops and other mobile devices to classroom projection systems wirelessly. For both Mac and PC, Solstice allows you to easily set up for your class without having to worry about cables or dongles.
Faculty can also allow students to connect to the system as well and moderate who can present on the projector, making class presentations a snap.
The Solstice system is being rolled out gradually in clasrooms across campus. For more information about this system and when you can expect it in your classroom, contact your Academic Technology Services Director.
The Epson Interactive projector is a short-throw, wall-mounted projector that is capable of acting as a digital whiteboard as well as a way to annotate over projections.
You can draw on and interact with the whiteboard with the included smart pens or simply with your finger. You can create multiple whiteboards and switch between them with the tap on an on-screen button.
These projectors are being rolled out gradually in classrooms across campus. For more information about this system and when you can expect it in your classroom, contact your Academic Technology Services Director.
In select rooms on campus, the Wacom Interactive Display provides the ability to control the classroom PC as well as drawing and annotation directly on the screen for display on the projector. The Wacom display also includes robust handwriting recognition.
The Wacom display is being rolled out gradually in classrooms across campus. For more information about this system and when you can expect it in your classroom, contact your Academic Technology Services Director.
The Kaptivo whiteboard camera allows you to write on an existing whiteboard as you normally do with dry-erase markers. The whiteboard can be viewed in real time via a web browser. The camera only captures and displays the information written on the surface (not the hands or body of the person at the board). As you erase the content, the old content is saved in that session allowing you to return to previous whiteboard content. At the end of your session, your whiteboard content can be emailed as PDF files.
- Launch a browser window and go to kaptivo.live
- Enter your name and the Camera ID. This will be posted in the room.
- Click View board
- Press the Start button on the Kaptivo puck (If the kaptivo is in a previous session, hit the button on the Kaptivo puck to end that session and then hit it again to initiate the new session)
- Tip: Click Share Session link and copy the link ID to the chat window in Zoom. This would allow remote participants to view the whiteboard directly from their browser window.
- At the end of your class, click End or tap the button on the Kaptivo puck.