Are you interested in creating a people.smu.edu site but don't know where to start? SMU offers a WordPress consultation service to help faculty create professional sites.
A two-hour consultation includes:
- A 30-minute one-on-one session to go over the current status of an existing site (if any) and proposed content for new people.smu.edu site.
- Your choice of one of four approved SMU branded themes.
- The initial setup of a new people.smu.edu site that is responsive to your vision, including the site outline, top navigation, and key pages. If you desire help creating pages, a consultant will use your content during the tutorial to help you develop your site pages (if needed).
- A 30-minute WordPress tutorial for maintenance.
How we engage
- Sites must use an approved SMU theme.
- The site owner will create all content.
- We support approved WordPress plugins. The custom development or installation of unapproved plugins is not available.
- Site owner assumes responsibility for updating and maintaining their own people.smu.edu site after the consultation.
- people.smu.edu sites do not replace official faculty bio pages hosted on www.smu.edu site.