- SMU Distributes $2.3 Million in CARES Relief Funding : For additional information and frequently asked questions, please click here.
- COVID19: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the SMU campus remains closed to the public. However, the Office of Financial Aid, is "all systems go!" Our transition to remote operations has been challenging, but we are fully committed to providing assistance and service to our students, their families, and the entire the SMU community. Our advisors are currently answering calls and emails remotely and offer virtual advising through Skype or Zoom. To schedule your virtual appointment, click here .
- The FAFSA & CSS/Profile applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will remain available through May 31st, 2020.
- Undergraduate Summer Term Request for Financial Aid is now available.
- Graduate Summer Term Request for Financial Aid is now available.
2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR: (August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021)
- Financial Aid Notifications for the 2020-2021 academic year
- New incoming & transfer undergraduate students: Began January, 2020
- New incoming graduate students: Scheduled to begin in late April and will continue on a rolling basis.
- Returning/Continuing student (Undergraduate & Graduate) Scheduled to begin the last week of June after Grades have been evaluated and posted from the previous spring term.
- Graduate Student Scholarships, Stipends, and Assistantships are authorized by the Academic Department and submitted to the Office of Financial Aid to be incorporated into your total financial aid package. If you are expecting to receive a graduate scholarship, fellowship, or assistantship but do not see it when you receive your financial aid offer, please contact your academic department immediately for additional information.
- Undergraduate Institutional Merit scholarships are authorized, primarily, through the Admissions cycle or by the academic department for the declared major. Eligibility is determined through the Admission process and final list of recipients is submitted to the Office of Financial Aid. The scholarship will be included as part of the total financial aid offer. Requirements for renewing the scholarship varies based on the type of scholarship. Current scholarship recipients are evaluated annually at the end of the Spring term for renewability.
- Please review your My.SMU Task Tile frequently for any outstanding requests or updates to your financial aid information. You will receive a notification via SMU email of any updates or changes to your financial aid package.
- Billing and payment information, including payment due dates, can be found on the University Bursar's website.