Blanton Residents can reserve space in Blanton by following the link directly below for instructions to schedule rooms through Microsoft Outlook. Please do not book multi-day events in Outlook since these don't appear on the schedule clearly. Ask Stan (8-3137) for more information.
Important Information for Non-Blanton Resident Room Reservations
The Laura Lee Blanton Building is primarily a student services building providing services to students from Enrollment Services, the International Center, Summer Studies, SMU-in-Taos, and the Office of Information Technology. Although rooms are available for use by SMU faculty and staff, the building does not provide staff assistance with a meeting or accept reservations outside of normal business hours, including weekends
BUSINESS HOURS FOR BLANTON BUILDING
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
when the University is open
- No student groups are allowed
- Room availability is based on whether or not rooms are already booked. We reserve the right to decline a request at our discretion.
- Maximum occupancy is 42 per room in rows of chairs only. The occupancy is greatly reduced with tables so please discuss this with the Blanton Facility Coordinator.
- There is a $150 charge per room per day. Provide your ORG number when your request is confirmed. You will not be charged until the day of your event. Reservations not canceled at least three business days in advance will be charged a $50 administrative cancellation fee per room.
- Make sure that you have adequately and clearly explained your requirements for the space reserved before the event via the web form link below or once you have been contacted by the Blanton Facility Coordinator (person taking your reservation). Blanton staff will NOT be able to make changes or assist with AV once your event starts.
- The audio/visual equipment is controlled by computers built into the podiums in each meeting room. Note that you may bring your own laptop but be sure to have the proper adapter, especially for Macs. Whether or not a laptop is used, it is recommended that a time is scheduled to test the presentation during business hours prior to the event.
- VERY IMPORTANT for building and user safety - if participants will need electrical connections (i.e. for laptops other than at the podium), this must be requested in the reservation including type of equipment to be connected and the number of connections needed.
- Furniture and/or other items may not be taken from other rooms or the lobbies. Furniture in the lobbies are for visitors to the Blanton Building and are not to be moved.
- No food or beverages may be brought into the Blanton rooms except by SMU Catering. Make sure that your Catering reservation includes any tables needed and that time is allotted for Catering to setup and teardown. Give the Catering Manager a contact phone number for someone in your office who knows the details and can be reached prior to and during the day of the event.
- After the event, it is the responsibility of the sponsoring group to collect all trash, put it in bags (provided by the building), and leave the bagged trash in one location outside the doors of the room used. The room(s) should be left in the condition they were found.
- When preparing to leave the event:
- All audio/visual equipment should be turned completely off. Instructions are available and performed through the touch screen on the podiums. Blanking the AV screen is not sufficient; the projector needs to retract back into the ceiling
- Turn off lights in the meeting room(s). Switches are located near the doors to each room, as are the temperature controls for each room.
- If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact us at DESBlanton@smu.edu prior to submitting a request.
Filling out the Non-Blanton Residents Form below indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to the conditions listed above.