LockDown Browser is utilized through an LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability) integration directly within Canvas, SMU's course management system.
The integration with Canvas is minimal, LockDown Browser can be found in your Navigation (click on Settings and choose Navigation tab). Please contact the IT Help Desk for guidance on how best to use LockDown Browser with Canvas quizzes.
Getting Started with LockDown Browser for Faculty
Canvas and its student LockDown browsing testing software, LockDown Browser, pair up to offer a secure online testing environment. Online quizzes are created using Canvas' internal Quizzes tool digitally utilizing student Windows and Apple computers or Apple iPads.
Enabling the Respondus LockDown Browser in Canvas
If you do not see LockDown Browser in your Course Navigation:
- Click Settings.
- Select the Navigation Tab.
- Drag LockDown Browser to the enabled Course Navigation items section.
- Click Save.
Using Respondus LockDown Browser in Quizzes
Enabling the LockDown Browser is a fairly simple process of building a quiz, going to LockDown Browser, and turning on for the Quiz. Here is how:
- Using the Course Navigation, select LockDown Browser.
Please note: If this is your first time launching Respondus, when you click on LockDown Browser in the Course Navigation, you will need to Authorize the tool's use. Also, a short quickstart video is available below to help you get started.
- From the list of quizzes, select the quiz you wish to restrict with the LockDown Browser by clicking Settings from the context menu to the left of the quiz title.
- In the popup window, select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam to enable.
- To enable proctoring options, select the most appropriate option for the exam setting.
Getting Started with LockDown Browser for Students
Students will be prompted, when they access the Quiz in Canvas, to either launch the LockDown Browser and start the quiz, or to download LockDown Browser from a specified link. The LockDown Browser application will then be installed directly on the student's Windows or Apple laptop, or Apple iPad. LockDown Browser is not currently compatible with any Android or Chrome OS devices.
LockDown Browser is a one-time installation and will remain on your computer. The next time you need to take an online quiz that requires the LockDown Browser, simply launch the LockDown Browser, login to Canvas, and take the designated quiz.
Taking a Locked-Down Quiz or Exam
- Check that your laptop is fully charged! Typically, power adapter/outlets are not available during your test, and you will want to ensure that your device has plenty of battery life to last for the duration of your exam.
- Download and install the LockDown Browser application before arriving to class. The software is available from the links above.
- Ensure that any pending software updates have been installed, so those do not interrupt your test. Also, verify that the date and time on your computer are set appropriately.
- To start a quiz that requires the LockDown Browser, launch the application "LockDown Browser."
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g., screen capture, instant messenger), choose Yes when prompted.
- Log in to your Canvas course using your SMU ID and password.
- Navigate to the quiz in Canvas and click Take a Quiz.
- Once a quiz has begun with the LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit Quiz button is clicked.