Account lockouts typically occur when there is an old password saved for either your Microsoft Exchange account (SMU email), or a PerunaNet connection that has been configured to automatically connect on a mobile device or laptop.
After multiple attempts to connect using the old password, the account will lock out. After changing your account password, please ensure that you have updated your password on all devices where you have any of the below connections configured.
Common sources of bad passwords:
- Exchange client (Outlook profile or email configured on mobile device)
- PerunaNet Wifi connections on laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
- Campus Phone (AudioCodes 445 HD)
- Cached credentials in Skype for Business
- Generic auto-filed computer password services
How to update or remove old passwords
- You will need to check any computers, mobile devices, or other devices you have or use to ensure that the password has been updated for all SMU services. For instructions for updating or removing incorrect or old passwords on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and AudioCodes 445 desk phone, please see instructions found at https://wiki.smu.edu/display/TK/Account+Lockout+Troubleshooting+Guide.