Introduction to LockDown Browser
Introduction to LockDown Browser for Canvas
Visit the LockDown Browser Overview Page to learn more about LockDown Browser, Canvas Quizzes and how they work together. Please contact the IT Help Desk to schedule a direct consultation with an SMU Academic Technology Services team member for more information as to whether or not Canvas Quizzes and LockDown Browser makes sense for your secure online quizzing and testing needs!
Training and Documentation
- Daily Training Webinars with Live Q&A:
Respondus offers 45-minute trainings for instructors daily to learn how to use Respondus Monitor for online proctoring.
- LockDown Browser QUICK START GUIDE
- Introduction to LockDown Browser for Canvas (New Quizzes)
- Preparing a Quiz for Use with LockDown Browser in Canvas
- LockDown Browser ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Daily Training Webinars with Live Q&A – These 45-minute trainings are the best way for instructors to learn how to use Respondus Monitor for online proctoring. Each session is followed by an extended Q/A period where questions are answered live. Register Now.
- Rapid Rollout Guide for Instructors – Here is the essential information for using Respondus Monitor with online exams.
- 24/7 Live Chat– Remember that students can access built-in troubleshooting and live chat from within Respondus Monitor if they encounter a technical problem. You can find more resources for students, including how to access Live Chat on the Student Resources page.
- For online support for LockDown Browser, visit the LockDown Browser Student Support Center. If you experience any problems during the course of an active Canvas + LockDown Browser quiz test, please notify your instructor or test proctor immediately.
- Students can access built-in troubleshooting and live chat from within Respondus Monitor if they encounter a technical problem. More resources for students, including how to access Live Chat, are available on Respondus Student Resources page.
For the latest system requirements, please see System Requirements for LockDown Browser on the Resources page.