SMU has acquired a site license for SAS Foundation and SAS JMP Professional for all faculty, staff and students. The software is available for download on any personal Windows and Linux machines for academic use.
SAS and SAS JMP
Getting Started (Windows computers)
Please follow all instructions very closely. Connect your computer to a power source, ethernet connection, and turn off wifi. Be sure to backup existing libraries or directories where your current SAS files are saved. Install could take several hours off campus.
Installation of SAS Foundation via the Campus Network
If migrating from a previous version of SAS Foundation, please see the following documentation prior to installation (click here)
- Download the SAS.bat file (click here
- Right click the file, and choose "Run as administrator" (You may need to provide administrative credentials for your personal computer)
- When prompted for credentials, enter SMU\smuid (insert your ID number) for the username and your SMU password
- Click Next through the installation wizard and do not change any defaults
- The installation will begin and features will automatically be installed
- Once complete, click Next and Finish
Installing SASJMP for an SMU Windows Machine
- Click to Launch Ivanti Portal Manager
- Check the box for SAS JMP 13
- Click Launch (top left)
- Allow Ivanti to install SAS JMP 13 in the background
SASJMP for non IT Managed machines
Please access this program via Apps.smu.edu.
For system specifications and requirements visit:
Instructions for Off Campus Installations
- Login to https://vpn.smu.edu using your smuid and password and download the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the right hand tool bar. If you have already installed the Cisco VPN client, verify that it is connected.
- Download the SAS.bat file (click here) or the SASJMP.bat file (click here). Save the file to your Desktop.
- Right click the file that you saved to your Desktop and choose "Run as Administrator". You may need to provide administrative credentials for your personal computer.
- A login box should appear. Enter SMU\smuid (insert your ID number) for the username and your SMU Password. You should then see the following message "The command completed successfully".
- The installer should begin after a few minutes. A progress bar will appear once all preinstallation tasks have been completed.
- Follow the installation steps SAS Installation.
Staff and faculty machines should be updated automatically. You may receive an expiration warning, but please don't be concerned! SMU systems will be updated as soon as the file has been received by IT prior to expiration. Manual license renewals can then be run as desired on any system by following the below steps:
- Click Here to access the renewal licenses. You will need to log into Box using your SMU ID and password.
- Navigate to the SAS product you need and choose the correct OS folder
- Run the Renew SAS Software application:
- Windows 7:
- From the Start Menu, select All Programs --> SAS --> Utilities.
- Right-click Renew SAS Software.
- Select Run As Administrator.
- Windows 10:
- From the Start screen, click or tap the magnifying glass icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- In the Search box, type: Renew SAS Software
- Right-click the Renew SAS Software application.
- From the drop-down menu, select Run As Administrator.
- If the User Account Control dialog box displays, select Allow.
- If you are prompted for a userid and password, enter a userid that has full Administrator rights.
- The utility should prompt you to browse to the location of your SAS license file.
IBM SPSS Statistics/Modeler/Amos annual license renewals:
Current versions of IBM products installed on SMU computers will be updated automatically prior to the fall semester, please check the LANDesk Software Portal for the most recent version which will contain the most recent license. For personal systems please contact the help desk after July 31st to obtain updated authorization codes for all IBM products.