Network and Connectivity
Faculty and Staff Connections
Faculty and Staff offices are equipped with wired Ethernet connections. In most locations, network IP addresses are assigned automatically. Once the device is connected, you may be prompted to register the device on the network.
All requests for network services should be placed via the Online Support Center. These include the following:
- IP assignment Request
- Network jack installation
- Network jack activation
For information on SMU Wireless, please visit the Wireless Networking service page.
About Remote Desktop Connections
Remote Desktop connections allow you to connect to your office computer from another computer. Once the connection is established, you have access to all of the applications and files on your computer in addition to your local computer resources, such as printing, clipboard, and accessing local drives.
Before Remote Desktop will work, your Office computer must be configured to allow remote connections. By default, this option is not enabled.
You will also be required to download the VPN client on your home computer and establish a secure connection before connecting to your office machine.
- Configure your University-owned desktop computer to allow remote desktop connections. Feel free to contact IT Help Desk if you need assistance.
- Locate your office computer hostname/IP address by going to smu.edu/hostname. You will need to do this from your office computer.
- Leave your office computer powered on. Make sure you lock the screen before you leave the office for security.
- Download and install the VPN client to your home computer.
- Establish a VPN connection from your home computer and authenticate.
Using Remote Desktop
- Windows 10 Configuration
- Windows 8 Configuration
- Windows 7 Configuration
- Vista Configuration
- Windows XP Configuration