The Office of Information Technology’s Research Technology Services unit provides dedicated consultative and project resources for research and education in data science.
Research Technology Services is available to advise SMU researchers on choosing appropriate data, application of quantitative research methods, data analyses and data visualization. SMU’s specialists support R/R Studio, Mathematica, Python and provide limited support for SPSS, SAS and Stata.
By partnering with faculty and students, OIT’s data science research application developers:
- help faculty and students design experiments, wrangle data, and apply new technology methods to derive insights from their data
- utilize expertise in machine learning, informatics, data exploration and visualization, databases and data management, and software engineering to advance research goals
- work with faculty, postdocs, and graduate students in all areas of research
- build analytics solutions with SMU’s institutional data and support data-driven decision making by senior administrators
- collaborate with faculty to help co-author publications describing methods and results