A number of general access computer spaces are available throughout campus for SMU use. Each lab offers a variety of software and services. For a list of core applications that can be found on all general access systems, please see Public Use Computer Labs on the SMU Wiki.
Cox School of Business
- Fondren Library Commons
- Science Information Center Commons
Hamon Arts Library
- Owen Arts Center
Lyle School of Engineering
- Caruth Hall 116
- Embrey 124
- Junkins 342, 344
- In order to print you MUST have an SMU ID or create a guest account in Papercut.
- You must be courteous to other students and staff in the labs. Please take your cell phone calls to the hallway and lower your ringer volumes. If you are disruptive, you may be asked to leave.
- Save your files to your own removable media or on box.smu.edu. You cannot store files on the public machines.
- You must not alter the computer loads in any way. If you are found altering the load by trying to add, delete or copy programs, you may be denied further access to the labs.
- You must not tamper with computer equipment in any way. If you are found to be disconnecting or altering the equipment, you may be denied further access to the labs.
- Drinks are allowed in library approved containers. Food is not allowed.