The OIT Events and Classroom Support Team provides Audio/Visual support for most areas and events on the main SMU campus.
AV Support for Events
Requests for AV Event Support must be made at least five (5) business days in advance of the event. For events that are large or complex, please schedule an on-site walk through with AV Event Support Team by contacting email@example.com, before filling out this form.
If AV equipment is being delivered to the event, AV Event Support Team requires access to the venue a minimum of two (2) hours in advance of the start time to allow for delivery, set up, and testing the equipment. If early venue access is unavailable, the AV Event Support Team will be unable to support the event.
AV Requests are now made as part of your event booking through STABLE. Click the button below to book your event.
Complete the form for any events held on the SMU campus.
For larger events or ones with a complex AV setup, please be sure to request a walk through with our AV team prior to the event date.
Terms of Service
Cancellations are allowed up to one (1) business day before the event by contacting the IT Help Desk at 214-768-HELP (4357).
Connectivity and files
Internet service is not available in all venues. We recommended that media used for the event be accessed/delivered from a flash drive when possible. Presenters are responsible for loading, advancing, editing, or otherwise engaging with the presenter's content. The AV Event Support Team cannot and will not combine, operate, or advance presentations. Laptop computers are not provided as part of any package and must be requested in advance.
Dual Source Presentations
Please note that switching between video sources/presentations/images is not "seamless" and the projector may flash, display an on-screen message, display the computer's desktop, or otherwise stutter. If seamless video switching is desired or required, contact AV Event Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of local AV contractors who can accommodate this need.
The AV Event Support Team may substitute the type of microphone provided based on room conditions, acoustics, and/or inventory.
Please Note: Lavaliere microphones are not recommended for live events due to the challenges of providing enough volume without inducing feedback. Handheld and/or headset microphones are recommended in a live event setting due to their better performance and improved audio quality.
- AV Event Support normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday. The staffing of events on Saturday and Sundays are subject to staff availability.
- AV Event Support support is limited to the SMU campus, and to AV Event Support equipment only. The following areas of campus are not serviced by AV Event Support:
- Sorority Park
- AV Event Support does not lend out or rent AV equipment to third parties.
- Additional software cannot be installed on SMU AV event laptops.
- Laptops are reserved presentation only.
- Video projection packages are limited to indoors only. Live camera images cannot be projected to screens (IMAG).
AV Event Support does not offer:
- Video editing or post-production
- The mixing of live bands
- The creation or editing of PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows
- Webcasting or live streaming
- Pipe and drape (with the exception of inside the Hughes-Trigg building)
- Lighting of any kind
Please contact AV Event Support at email@example.com with any questions regarding service limitations or restrictions.