For up to 25 entering first-year students who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership in their high schools, as well as academic achievement.
- Full tuition and fees, less the amount of resident tuition and fees at the leading public university in the student's state of residency;
- Transportation costs also provided to one of SMU's Study Abroad international programs.
- Opportunities to meet with distinguished leaders in many fields.
- Must maintain full-time enrollment status (12 or more enrolled hours) each semester.
- Must maintain a SMU cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher.
- Renewable for up to eight semesters or until graduation, whichever comes first.
- Must actively engage in the SMU campus, Dallas community, and Hunt Leadership Scholars Program offerings.
- Demonstrate personal conduct that is consistent with the University's values and goals.