8:30A - 5:00PM
Incoming Students - Welcome New Mustangs!
Below you will find a list of all required forms to submit prior to arriving on the Hilltop.
Click the link below to begin electronically signing the form.
You may also download the Health History form to print, fill out, and send back to us. Forms should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
P.O. Box 750195, Dallas, Texas 75275-0195
All incoming students must comply with the following vaccination requirements. Attach official immunization record to the electronic Health History form or download the form and send a completed copy to your doctor for signature and stamp. Email signed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Meningitis vaccine (Menactra, Menveo, or MCV4) administered within the past 5 years. Texas State Law requires a meningitis vaccine for new students under the age of 22. Students over the age of 22 are exempt from this requirement. Proof of vaccination (or booster shot within the last 5 years) must be submitted to the Dr.Bob Smith Health Center prior to registering for classes.
2. Two doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccination
If you answer YES to any of the TB screening questions on the Health History form, the results of a TB Skin Test within the past 6 months is REQUIRED. Attach official TB Skin Test results to the electronic form or email to email@example.com.
Allow a minimum of seven (7) business days for delivery if mailed from a location within the United States and two (2) business days if electronically submitted or emailed. If possible please submit at least two (2) weeks prior to your orientation/registration. SMU is not responsible for forms not received due to mail misdirected or lost in transit. Incomplete or illegible submissions cannot be processed.
- For verification. You may check your My.SMU account after submitting your Health Form to verify receipt and completeness by going to: My.SMU Student Homepage > Health Center > Health History.
- If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your name and SMU ID number.
The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center may provide vaccinations or a TB Skin Test, please contact the health center at 214-768-2141 for more information.
We can administer allergy immunotherapy prescribed by an outside doctor. Injections can be continued on a schedule that has been established by your allergist or treating physician. Our guidelines require several pieces of documentation in order for our staff physicians to supervise the injections:
- The name, address, phone and fax number of your treating physician.
- An antigen injection schedule - this should include an area to record the date, antigen, dilution, dosage and injection site.
- Antigen administration instructions - any routine or special instructions for our nursing staff should be included here.
- Instructions for missed doses, local or systemic reactions.
- A copy of the note from your last clinic visit with your physician.
We will require these five pieces of documentation for all students who wish to receive continuous allergy immunotherapy at the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center. Initial injections should be given at your own physicians’ office. The health center will not initiate immunotherapy. If a student has an allergy gap of greater than 60 days, they should visit with their private physician prior to receiving an injection at the Health Center.
Are you new to us? Get started by making an appointment today.
Call 214-768-2277 to schedule your first visit with Counseling Services. All SMU students are eligible to receive free services at the counseling center, regardless of insurance. For detailed information on the counseling process, please visit the SMU Counseling page.
SMU has a Mandatory Health Insurance Policy which requires ALL students to maintain and document proof of current health insurance in mySMU every semester. Students must either enroll or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) in mySMU, AFTER they enroll for classes each term.
The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center will not provide medical and/or mental health excuses. This is a policy made in conjunction with the Provost’s Office. The decision to excuse an absence is strictly the role of the faculty member. Faculty members are encouraged to communicate their attendance policies to their students frequently throughout the semester and provide accommodations for students who are feeling ill and need to miss class time.
Students may choose to fill out this Absence from Class Form to show that they were seen by a doctor, however, this form does not automatically grant an excused absence. That is still up to the faculty member.
In the event of serious illness requiring an extended absence, students should be encouraged contact the Office of the Dean of Student Life. The Office of the Dean of Student Life will help students decide how best to deal with the interruption in their studies.
Our team provides everything SMU students need to take care of their personal health! We provide consultations with physicians, sports medicine, women's health, dermatology, counseling, dental, and a pharmacy for your prescription needs.
Connect With Us
Monday - Friday, 8:30A - 5:00P
Holiday schedule varies
Monday - Friday 9:00A - 4:00P
Main Number 214.768.2141
Dr. Bob Smith Health Center
6211 Bishop Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205