Latest News & Updates
Flu Vaccines are available at the Health Center
We are offering flu shots at no charge and without an appointment to all SMU students, staff, faculty and the extended campus community.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available at the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center. All students as well as SMU employees and their families age 12 and older are eligible. Please schedule your vaccination appointment through the SMU Health portal. If you do not have access to the portal, please call the Health Center at 214-768-2141 (select option 1) to schedule an appointment.
Boosters continue to be available at the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center for all three U.S. COVID-19 vaccines – Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Individuals 12 years and older who received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine as their primary series can now receive a single booster dose 5 months after completing the primary series.
- Individuals 18 or older who received the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for a booster shot at 5 months or more after completing their primary series.
- For individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, boosters can be given as soon as two months after the initial J & J vaccination.
People 18 years and older can continue to receive ‘mix-and-match’ COVID-19 vaccine as a booster dose after the appropriate time interval.
COVID-19 Additional Doses for Immunocompromised Individuals
The Health Center provides third doses to those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised in accordance with the CDC recommendations. Receiving an additional primary dose only applies to moderately to severely immunocompromised people who have received an mRNA COVD-19 vaccine primary series (Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna).
- Moderna - Immunocompromised people ages 18 years and older who completed their Moderna vaccine primary series should plan to get an additional primary dose 28 days after receiving their second shot.
- Pfizer – Immunocompromised people 12 years and older who completed their Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine primary series should also plan to get an additional primary dose 28 days after receiving their second shot.
- Johnson & Johnson - Immunocompromised people ages 18 years and older who received Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine should not receive an additional primary dose.
Click here to view complete CDC information including a list of immunocompromised conditions that are included in the recommendation.
Upload your vaccination record to the SMU Health Portal
If you received a COVID-19 vaccine off-campus, please upload a record of your vaccination to the secure SMU Health Portal. If you were vaccinated on campus, no further action is required. Your vaccination record is available 24/7 on the health portal.
The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center continues to offer COVID-19 testing Monday through Friday for SMU Students. Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment please call 214-768-2141. Employees needing testing may visit the Mustang Strong website for information regarding available testing locations.
After Hours Care
The Health Center provides after hours and weekend services. Click here for more information.