iOS and iPadOS Devices
While these steps may vary slightly depending on the version of iOS (the operating system used by Apple on iPhones) or iPadOS (the operating system used by Apple on iPads) that your Apple mobile device is running, the settings below can be used as a template to configure eduroam on these devices.
- Open Settings.
- Open Wi-Fi.
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks.
- Enter your SMU email address ending with @smu.edu in Username.
- Enter your SMU account password in Password.
- Tap Join.
- If presented with a Certificate window, select Trust.
- If the devices does not connect to eduroam:
- Tap the "i" icon to the far right of eduroam
- Toggle off Private Address
- Click Join This Network