For up to 25 entering first-year students who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership in their high schools, as well as academic achievement.
- The Hunt Scholarships covers about 75% of tuition and fees;
- The Hunt Study Abroad Entitlement covers tuition and airfare for a cohort-based study abroad program during May term of the scholars’ sophomore year;
- Hunt Scholars may also receive partial tuition assistance from the financial aid office any time they enroll in interterm courses.
- Opportunities to meet with distinguished leaders in many fields.
- Must maintain full-time enrollment status (12 or more enrolled hours) each semester.
- Must maintain a SMU cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher.
- Renewable for up to eight semesters or until graduation, whichever comes first.
- Must actively engage in the SMU campus, Dallas community, and Hunt Leadership Scholars Program offerings.
- Demonstrate personal conduct that is consistent with the University's values and goals.