Polices & Procedures
All SMU students, faculty, staff and guests will need to comply with the University's polices & procedures as outlined below and in the SMU University Policy Manual.
- A venue/space rental fee will not be charged for any event where the attendees are predominantly SMU students, faculty or staff. However, any "fixed costs" associated with an event such as: labor, set-up, technical rentals, etc. will be charged for the event. The facility will not be held responsible for subsidizing the cost of the event in any way. A cancellation fee may apply as determined by the management of the facility.
- Venue/space rental fees may be charged for any event where the majority of attendees are from off-campus or if tickets are being sold. The fee charged is determined by the facility in which the event is being held. All "fixed costs" associated with an event such as: labor, set-up, technical rentals, etc. will be charged for these events. It is at the discretion of the management of the facility to determine which category an event falls under and to grant any exceptions to the procedures above.
- Fees related to any event that require the assistance of the Office of Facilities Planning and Management with regard to the areas of custodial and housekeeping support, maintenance technician support, general services support or any setup required by the staff will be determined by the Office of Facilities Planning and Management.
- Certificates of Insurance (COIs) - SMU requires evidence of insurance for all third party vendors and contractors that want to operate in an event on campus. The third party is responsible for obtaining evidence of insurance (Certificate of Insurance) and presenting it to the Office of Risk Management (ORM) at least 3 days prior to the event taking place. The SMU employee or student organizer of the event will be the primary point of contact for ensuring this information is provided to ORM, and should consult with ORM early in the event planning process to clarify any insurance related questions.
- All SMU logos are created by, and available exclusively through, SMU Public Affairs. Logos should not be produced independently. The SMU logo may not be used with any product, event or organization not sponsored or sanctioned by the University. Use of the logo for events or initiatives co-sponsored by the University and outside organizations requires the permission of SMU Public Affairs. Please see Promotion and Marketing (Use of SMU Identifiers) for questions pertaining to the use of logo, school colors, and trademark.
- Political Activity, Protests, and Demonstrations
- Promotion and Marketing (Use of SMU Identifiers)
- Security Requirements
- Smoking and Weapons