Enrollment verifications are requested online through my.SMU after the term begins. Enrollment data is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse on Census Date, but it takes a few days for the NSC to process the information. For the Fall and Spring terms, Census Date is the 12th class day according to the undergraduate calendar. Below are instructions for requesting an enrollment verification online:
- Log on to http://my.smu.edu
- From the Student Homepage, click the Order Transcript/Verification tile
- Click on Order Transcript/Enrollment Verification
- Select Current Enrollment or All Enrollment under Obtain an Enrollment Certificate
- Click on Obtain an Enrollment Certificate
- A PDF will appear which contains your academic enrollment information at SMU
If an enrollment verification is needed prior to the beginning of a term (i.e. for a scholarship), the request should be made either in person at the University Registrar Service Counter (1st floor of Laura Lee Blanton Building), or via email (email@example.com). See below for office hours of operation.
Laura Lee Blanton Building, Room 101
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Wednesday
Parents who need to obtain an Enrollment Verification for their student should ask their student to log in to my.SMU and follow the instructions listed above.
The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing enrollment and degree verifications. Contact information is as follows:
Former students who need to obtain a degree verification for any reason should contact the National Student Clearinghouse. Contact information is as follows: