While these steps may vary depending on the mobile device manufacturer, the settings below can be used as a template to configure eduroam on most Android devices.
- Open Settings.
- Open Wi-Fi (often found under the Network connections section).
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks.
- Select PEAP for EAP method.
- Select MSCHAPV2 for Phase 2 Authentication.
- Select (or leave selected) (Unspecified) or Do not validate for CA certificate.
- Enter your SMU email address ending with @smu.edu in Identity.
- Leave Anonymous Identity blank.
- Enter your SMU account password in Enter Password.
- Tap Connect.
**Note: Some devices may ask for a domain. In most cases, smu.edu works for the domain field.