- Click the network icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar, near the clock.
- From the list of available wireless networks, select PerunaNet.
- Make sure the Connect automatically box is checked, then click Connect.
- When prompted, enter your SMU ID as your username and your SMU password and click OK.
- At the Continue connecting prompt, click Connect.
In most cases your computer will configure the connection settings automatically. If the connection fails, you will need to check the advanced settings as follows:
Click the network icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar, near the clock.
- Click Open Network and Internet Settings.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Connection WiFi (PerunaNet).
- Click Wireless Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select WPA2-Enterprise as the Security type.
- Select AES as the Encryption type.
- Network authentication should be Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Check Remember my credentials.
- Click Settings.
- Uncheck Enable Fast Reconnect.
- Click Configure.
- Uncheck “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password.”
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Attempt connecting again using the initial steps above. If connection continues to fail, contact the IT Help Desk at 214-768-4357.