SMU’S Pollock Gallery Presents SMU Division of Art Faculty Show, November 20, 2021 – January 30, 2022
Opening reception: Saturday, Nov. 20, 1-5 p.m.
The Pollock Gallery of SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts will present the SMU Division of Art Faculty Show from November 20, 2021, to January 30, 2022. The exhibit highlights the diverse talents of 14 current faculty members in the departments of art and creative computation, all of whom exhibit locally, regionally, nationally and/or internationally. The exhibit features 16 works in a variety of media, including drawing, ceramics, photography, painting, video, multimedia installation and more.
“The faculty in the show encapsulate a diversity of research interests, material practices and critical dialogues,” said Burke Jam, a creative computation faculty member and exhibit contributor. “The works showcased demonstrate the dynamic, expressive, exploratory power of artistic language in practice – and importantly, multiple ways of engaging the world.”
Participating faculty include:
- Courtney Brown, Assistant Professor, Creative Computation
- Melanie Clemmons, Assistant Professor of Digital/Hybrid Media
- Jer’Lisa Devezin, Visiting Lecturer, Interdisciplinary Art
- Barnaby Fitzgerald, Professor of Art
- Ira Greenberg, Professor and Chair, Painting, Drawing and Creative Computation
- Burke Jam, Adjunct Instructor, Creative Computation
- Peter Ligon, Adjunct Lecturer
- Lisa McCarty, Assistant Professor, Photography
- Brian Molanphy, Associate Professor of Art
- Sarah Nance, Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Art
- Nishiki Sugawara-Beda, Assistant Professor of Art – Painting and Drawing
- Tabatha Trolli, Adjunct Lecturer
- Philip Van Keuren, Professor of Art
- Ariel C. Wilson, Lecturer, Photography
The Pollock Gallery is located on the east side of the SMU campus in Suite 101, Expressway Tower, 6116 North Central Expressway, Dallas 75206. Parking and admission are free. Exhibit hours are 12-3 p.m. Mon., Wed. & Fri. while school is in session, and by appointment. For more information, call 214.768.4439.