A Message from Dean Sam Holland About the Alleged Misconduct by Lee Trull
SMU has no tolerance for sexual harassment, assault and discrimination.
We are writing to inform you about a situation involving a now former employee of Dallas Theater Center (DTC).
Former SMU students have alleged experiencing sexual harassment by Lee Trull while they were working in DTC productions. The alleged conduct by Trull is reprehensible, and he has been fired by DTC.
We are greatly dismayed and deeply saddened that former students and other professionals have been affected, and we are grateful to them for their courage in coming forward.
SMU has no tolerance for sexual harassment, assault and discrimination. If you have questions or concerns about this case or any other, please know that multiple resources are here to help you. These resources include:
- SMU’s Title IX Coordinator, who can inform you about University policy prohibiting sexual misconduct: 214-768-3601
- SMU Police, who can inform you about the criminal process and pursuing criminal charges: 214-768-3333
- SMU Counseling Services, for confidential counseling: 214-768-2277
- SMU Chaplain’s Office, for confidential counseling: 214-768-4502
- SMU’s Office of Violence Prevention and Support Services, who also can provide support and information: 214-768-4512
More information about sexual misconduct resources and procedures is online: smu.edu/sexualmisconduct.
Samuel S. Holland
Algur H. Meadows Dean