To ensure the future success of SMU’s historic tennis program, the University has unveiled plans for a new tennis complex, envisioned as a preeminent, top-tier facility to be located prominently on the south side of Mockingbird Lane at the corner of North Central Expressway, formerly the site of Mrs. Baird’s Bakery.
The new complex will provide both indoor and outdoor courts as well as a training center for student athletes and coaches, ensuring that Mustang players can train year-round on campus. In addition, patron accommodations will optimize comfort and viewing and include special guest amenities and a club area, providing an enhanced spectator experience.
- Indoor Pavilion with six courts
- Outdoor Turpin Tennis Stadium with six courts
- Permanent spectator seating that can be expanded to accommodate conference, national and professional tournaments
- VIP seating overlooking the outdoor courts
- VIP Club area with viewing access to the outdoor and indoor courts
- Training facility that includes team locker rooms, training and fitness rooms, meeting rooms and offices for coaches and staff
SMU is currently seeking funding for this exciting new facility that will constitute a world-class venue for Mustang Tennis for years to come. Naming opportunities are available for donors wishing to support this important next step for SMU tennis. For additional information, please contact Tim Leonard, senior associate athletic director for development, at 214-768-4465.