Unified Messaging (UM) is the campus voicemail service that automatically transcribes voicemail messages and sends the audio file, along with the voice-to-text transcription, directly to your SMU email inbox! UM is available for SMU Faculty, Staff, and departmental email accounts in conjunction with personal or departmental campus telephone extensions.
Features available include:
- Transcriptions of the message and the audio file delivered to your SMU email
- Ability to enable out of office greetings or alternate greetings through webmail.smu.edu
- Missed call notifications
- Ability to call into the voicemail system to access messages as well as the contents of your email or calendar
Who Qualifies for Unified Messaging?
- Faculty or staff who are assigned a personal phone extension will have voice mail sent to their personal email inbox.
- Faculty, staff and student employees may also have access to voicemail for a departmental telephone extension in conjunction with a departmental email account.