All ensembles listed below are open by audition to all SMU students. Auditions typically take place in the fall or early winter.
- POINT (Interdisciplinary ensemble with focus on technology and personal artistic expression)
Contact Adjunct Assistant Professor Kim Corbet for more information.
- SMU Belle Tones (student-run all-female a cappella group)
- SMU Mustang Marching Band
- SMU Southern Gentlemen (student-run all-male a cappella group)
- SMU Symphony Band
- Stampede (student-run mixed a cappella group)
Contact email@example.com; check out their Facebook page.
Note: The ensembles below are primarily comprised of students who are majoring or minoring in music, but are also open by audition to students who are not music majors. Click here for ensemble audition requirements.
- Meadows Symphony Orchestra
- Meadows Chamber Singers (mixed), Meadows Chorale (mixed); and Concordia (treble)
- Meadows Jazz Orchestra
- Meadows Opera Theatre
- Meadows Percussion Ensemble
- Meadows Wind Ensemble
- Meadows World Music Ensemble
- SYZYGY (performs the music of living composers, creating high-quality encounters with new music that are innovative, engaging and relevant to a diverse audience.)