Minor in Advertising
The minor in advertising offers an overview of the social, economic, legal and marketing environments in which advertising functions. Students interested in pursuing a minor in advertising are NOT required to complete an application.
To declare a minor in advertising, students must first complete ADV 2374, plus at least two of ADV 2395, 3362 or 3385 with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.000 in these three courses. Students must have a declared major before they can declare a minor in advertising.
If you meet the requirements to declare advertising as a minor, email the Temerlin Advertising Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org to request next steps.
|Requirements for the Minor
|Required Advertising Courses:
- ADV 1300 Survey of Advertising
- ADV 1321 Introduction to Creativity
- ADV 1331 Digital Media Landscapes
- ADV 1341 Marketing Principles of Advertising or MKTG 3340 Fundamentals of Marketing
- ADV 2301 Consumer Behavior or MKTG 3343 Consumer Behavior
- ADV 2302 Advertising, Society, and Ethics
|Total Credit hours
The Minor in Advertising administered by the Division of Advertising, Temerlin Advertising Institute.