Graduates should only obtain tickets if they plan on attending the ceremony.
Beginning Monday, December 7 at 9:00 a.m. go to http://smucommencementtickets.com and logon by providing your secure SMU logon credentials. You have until Thursday, December 13 at 5:00 p.m. to obtain tickets. You must request a ticket by the deadline in order to sit with your school.
You are allotted:
- 1 candidate entry ticket for yourself to participate in the ceremony.
- 2 guest tickets for the Commencement Ceremony in Moody Coliseum if the venue is changed due to inclement weather.
- Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, we are unable to accommodate requests for additional guest tickets over the 2 allotted per candidate. There will be a simulcast location on campus for additional guests to view the ceremony.
How to download your tickets
- Select the event – Commencement.
- Request your ticket. You must have a graduate ticket to obtain a walk-card with your seat assignment.
- Request your Moody Coliseum guest tickets up to the maximum of 2. These tickets are to be used if we must change venues due to inclement weather. Guests do not need tickets to enter Ford Stadium.
- If the ticket system does not recognize you:
- Be sure you are using your SMU student logon credentials – ID number and password
- Once you have successfully requested your tickets, the tickets will be sent to your SMU email address as PDF attachments within a few minutes. To view and print your ticket reservation online, click on "My Tickets" after login in at SMU Commencement Tickets.
- If you are experiencing any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-768-3417.
Each ticket needs to be printed as the actual size, with only one ticket printed per 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. If you try to shrink/enlarge the ticket size, the barcode will not scan at the door and it will delay entry to the venue. Tickets on personal devices such as iPads, cell phones, notebooks, laptops, etc. cannot be used for entry.
The PDF tickets can be forwarded to guests, but must be printed prior to attending the event. You should retain a copy of the PDF in case you need to resend it or print it later.
Tickets should be treated like any other valuable item. Lost tickets cannot be replaced by event staff. Once a ticket is used, additional copies of the ticket cannot be used. Tickets cannot be printed on-site by event staff.
Ticket Warning: Selling and bartering tickets is prohibited. SMU is not responsible for lost, stolen, or destroyed tickets. Event staff cannot replace tickets. Each ticket has a unique code and can be used only once. Once a ticket code has been used to gain admittance, no other use of the code is permitted.