- Schedule an appointment
- Follow the steps detailed in the appointment confirmation email
- Drop off your laptop at the IT Help Desk at your appointment time (located in Fondren Library West)
- Pick up your computer once the installation is complete
Install from Home
Customers are able to install software on their own by accessing installers on our software share. For the best experience, connect via ethernet before beginning an installation.
For SAS installation information on a Windows machine, please see the SAS service page and follow the instructions. *SAS will not run on a Mac. You may use SAS within a virtual environment at https://apps.smu.edu or download our pre-built virtual machine which includes SAS.
For instructions on how to install other available software and virtual machines, please see the Self Service Guides tab.
Available Software for Installation
The IT Help Desk will not backup data prior to installing software. Please be sure to have all data backed up prior to your install appointment.
Windows 10 Virtual Machine with Office 2019
Some courses require a Windows environment to complete assignments. If you have a Mac, we are able to install Windows 10 virtually in order to allow you to run software compatible with Windows only.
Students are able to obtain a license key for Microsoft Windows free of charge by simply registering with your active SMU email address at smu.edu/win10. Once you've obtained a license key, schedule an installation appointment with the IT Help Desk here.
SAS is available for download and install free of charge on any personal Windows and Linux Machines for academic use under our campus agreement. Mac OS users of SAS Foundation also have access to SAS without installing the software on their local machine. Simply login to apps.smu.edu and you can launch the software in a virtual environment via Citrix Receiver.
For Mac users, we offer a Windows 10 virtual machine, which includes preinstalled SAS. Students can obtain license key for Microsoft Windows free of charge by simply registering with your active SMU email address at smu.edu/win10. Once you've obtained license key, schedule an installation appointment with the IT Help Desk here.
Installation appointments on a personal computer are available to all active SMU Students, Staff, and Faculty.
GMETRIX is used to practice for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam. GMETRIX is only available on Windows machines and is not available for installation on a Mac when practicing for Office 2019 exams. The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification gives students and institutions of higher learning the tools they need to chart their own course, fulfill their ambition, and realize their potential.
Mac users - we offer a virtual machine prebuilt with Windows 10, GMetrix, and Office 2019. Students can obtain a license key for Microsoft Windows free of charge by simply registering with your active SMU email address at smu.edu/win10.
- Begin by visiting smu.edu/win10 and secure your license key for Windows 10. Note: You do not need to install anything.
- Schedule an installation appointment and request a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. You will need your license key for the installation appointment.
Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is also available for install via virtual machine on your Mac.
For Mac users, we offer a virtual machine through VirtualBox, which includes Power BI. Students can obtain a copy of Microsoft Windows free of charge by simply registering with your active SMU email address at smu.edu/win10. Once you've obtained a copy of Microsoft Windows, schedule an installation appointment with the IT Help Desk here.
Prebuilt Virtual Machine Packages
- Windows 10 with Office 2019
- Windows 10 with Power BI and Office 2019
- Windows 10 with GMETRIX and Office 2019
- Windows 10 with SAS with Office 2019 and Power BI
Self Service Installation Guides
*Always install software while the machine is plugged into a power supply. Wireless connections will slow down install times, use an ethernet connection if possible. Off campus installations require VPN, to install visit http://vpn.smu.edu.
For SAS installation instructions and information, please refer to the SAS service page here https://www.smu.edu/OIT/Services/Info/SAS
Virtual Machine Installation Guide
OIT has several already setup virtual machines. In order to utilize our virtual machines, you will need to download an application called VirtualBox and the folder for the virtual machine you would like to use. Your machine must have at least 60GBs of space available for the machine to run smoothly. If you would rather OIT install the virtual machine for you, please feel free to schedule an appointment at http://smu.edu/studentinstalls.
For step by step instructions, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of Windows under the University agreement?
- Visit smu.edu/win10
- Click the Sign in button
- Enter your SMU email address (email@example.com)
- You will automatically be redirected to the SMU Azure Active Directory login page
- Enter your SMU ID and password and click Login
- Select either Yes or No when “Stay signed in?” prompt appears
- Enter your phone number
- Choose Text me or Call me
- Enter the verification code you receive from Microsoft
- Click Verify code
- Agree to the Microsoft subscription agreement, Azure Dev Tools for Teaching agreement, and privacy statement.
- Select Software on the left hand menu
- Scroll down and locate Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 2004 – DVD
- Select View Key
- Store your Windows 10 product key in a secure place, in case you need it in the future. You will need to provide this license key after scheduling an appointment with the IT Help Desk.
Am I able to install software on my own?
Yes, for instructions send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. An internet connection is required to perform installations along with SMU credentials.