The IT Help Desk assists with the installation of SAS, Windows 10, GMETRIX and other applications pertinent to course instruction on personal, non-SMU machines. Customers may utilize our help guides to perform the installation tasks themselves or schedule an appointment with our team.
Schedule an appointment
- Click the Schedule an appointment button above to schedule at time for your software install.
- Follow the steps detailed in the appointment confirmation email
- Drop off your laptop at the IT Help Desk at your appointment time (located in Fondren Library West)
- Pick up your computer once the installation is complete
Install from Home
Customers are able to install software on their own by accessing installers on our software share. For the best experience, connect via ethernet before beginning an installation.
For SAS installation information on a Windows machine, please see the SAS service page and follow the instructions. *SAS will not run on a Mac. You may use SAS within a virtual environment at https://apps.smu.edu or download our pre-built virtual machine which includes SAS.
For instructions on how to install other available software and virtual machines, please see the Self Service Guides section.
SAS Installation Guide
For SAS installation instructions and information, please refer to the SAS service page here https://www.smu.edu/OIT/Services/Info/SAS
Virtual Machine Installation Guide
OIT has several already setup virtual machines. In order to utilize our virtual machines, you will need to download an application called VirtualBox and the folder for the virtual machine you would like to use. Your machine must have at least 60GBs of space available for the machine to run smoothly. If you would rather OIT install the virtual machine for you, please feel free to schedule an appointment at http://smu.edu/studentinstalls.
For step by step instructions, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of Windows under the University agreement?
- Visit smu.edu/win10
- Click the Sign in button
- Enter your SMU email address (email@example.com)
- You will automatically be redirected to the SMU Azure Active Directory login page
- Enter your SMU ID and password and click Login
- Select either Yes or No when “Stay signed in?” prompt appears
- Enter your phone number
- Choose Text me or Call me
- Enter the verification code you receive from Microsoft
- Click Verify code
- Agree to the Microsoft subscription agreement, Azure Dev Tools for Teaching agreement, and privacy statement.
- Select Software on the left hand menu
- Scroll down and locate Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 2004 – DVD
- Select View Key
- Store your Windows 10 product key in a secure place, in case you need it in the future. You will need to provide this license key after scheduling an appointment with the IT Help Desk.
Am I able to install software on my own?
Yes, for instructions send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. An internet connection is required to perform installations along with SMU credentials.