Schedule an Appointment
The IT Help Desk assists students with the installation of SAS,Boot Camp and other applications pertinent to course instruction. Students may utilize our help guides to perform the installation tasks themselves or schedule an appointment with our team of trained experts
Getting started and Process Overview
- Schedule an appointment
- Follow the steps detailed in the appointment confirmation email
- Drop off your laptop at the IT Help Desk at your appointment time (located in Fondren Library West)
- Pick up your computer once the installation is complete
SAS is available for download and install free of charge on any personal Windows and Linux Machines for academic use under our campus agreement. Students and any Mac OS users of SAS Foundation also have access to SAS without installing the software on their local machine. Simply login to apps.smu.edu and you can launch the software in a virtual environment via Citrix Receiver.
For Mac users, Boot Camp comes with your Mac and allows installation of Microsoft Windows on a separate drive partition, giving you the option of booting to Mac or Windows Operating Systems. Students can obtain a copy of Microsoft Windows free of charge by simply registering with your active SMU email address at varsitybuys.com. Once you've obtained a copy of Microsoft Windows, and you're ready to get started, Boot Camp assistant will guide you through the process, but if you run into questions the IT Help Desk is here to help.
Installation appointments for SAS and/or Boot Camp on a personal computer are available to all active SMU students. See availability and schedule an appointment for the IT Help Desk staff to complete the installation for you here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of Windows under the University agreement?
- Visit https://smu.onthehub.com to register for an account with your SMU email address
- Click the Sign In link near the top-right corner of the page.
- Click the Register button.
- When prompted to choose how you wish to register, select the option: With an organization-issued email address (e.g. a ".edu" address).
- Follow on-screen instructions and fill out any forms to which you are directed to complete the registration process. When prompted to enter your email address, be sure that the address you provide is active and was issued by SMU.
- Click the embedded link in the registration email that is sent to your SMU email to validate and finalize your registration.
Important! To ensure delivery of the registration email, make sure that email@example.com is added to your email white list.
Where can I find my Windows Product Key?
The product key can be found on your Order Details page at https://smu.onthehub.com
To view your product key:
- Sign in to your WebStore (if you are not signed in already).
- Click the arrow beside your username (top-right corner), and then click Your Account/Orders.
- Click the View Details button next to an order to reach the Order Details page. Information about the order is displayed, including any product keys, serial numbers or activation codes that were issued with it.
If you are having trouble locating your product key, contact information for support can be found here.