2023 Corporate Counsel Symposium
September 22, 2023
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Overview of the Corporate Counsel Symposium:
The Corporate Counsel Symposium (CCS) brings together general counsel and attorneys from companies nationwide. The one-day symposium joins in-house and outside counsel together with judges and regulatory agencies for a survey of legal developments and best practices. CCS features panel discussions addressing timely legal issues, such as corporate social responsibility, blockchain transactions, shareholder activism, institutional shareholder interfacing, and executive compensation.
Keynote Speaker: Matthew Wernz
Our keynote speaker is Matthew Wernz, Director of the Federal Trade Commission, Southwest Region. He will be presenting on "The Federal Trade Commission: Enforcement and Regulatory Updates."
Additional topics include:
- Corporate Compliance in the Age of AI
- Key Developments in DEI
- Hot Button Legal Issues for Corporate Executives
- Nearshoring in Mexico
- Sanctions, Export Controls, and Business Dispute Risk in a Volatile International Environment
- Shareholder Activism, Takeaways From 2023 and What to Watch for in 2024
- Update on Policy and Enforcement From the FTC
- And more...
We anticipate this program will grant 8 hours of CLE, approval pending in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Thank you to our Sponsors and Event Partners