Our greatest career resources are our alumni. Current students are eager to learn about the law profession from practicing attorneys. There are so many ways SMU Dedman School of Law alumni can get involved with assisting students and other alumni in their job searches and professional development.
- HIRE SMU LAW: Post a position for part-time, summer or post-graduate employment.
- Encourage your firm, company, or organization's
participation in one of our recruiting programs.
- To participate in our August and Houston Interview
programs, contact Mary Beth Nielsen (email@example.com).
- For the October, Corporate, and Small Firm Interview
programs, contact Beth Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Become a member of the Mustang Exchange here.
- Participate in Mock Interview Match this summer. Mock Interview Match provides rising 2L students the opportunity to practice their interview skills before an attorney in a real-world environment. You would agree to at least one interview session with a student in your office on a mutually agreeable date and time. If you are interested in serving as an interviewer, contact Marcie Davis (email@example.com).
- Share your experience with current students by participating in programs on campus with our office or partnering with a student organization. We schedule panels and programs on a variety of practice areas and career-related issues and we are always looking for alumni to share their experience and individual perspectives. If you have a particular focus and would be willing to be a panelist or contribute to a career-related program, please contact Beth Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Smitha Mathews (email@example.com).
For information regarding other law school alumni opportunities through the Mustang Bar Association, please visit Alumni & Giving.
The Office of Career Services provides services and resources to assist SMU Dedman School of Law graduates who are conducting job searches or contemplating career changes.
Alumni of the law school may view job postings via SMU Peruna Pro. If you do not have access to your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and graduation year. The overwhelming majority of our postings are for experienced lawyers, and many are posted to SMU Dedman School of Law graduates only. More information about services available to job-seeking alumni can be found on the Alumni Job Search page.