Our greatest career resources are our alumni. Current students are eager to learn about the law profession from practicing attorneys. There are so many ways SMU Dedman Law alumni can get involved with assisting students and other alumni in their job searches and professional development.
- HIRE SMU LAW: Post a job with us! Post a position for part-time, summer or post-graduate employment
- Encourage your firm, company or organization's participation in one of our recruiting programs. Contact Mary Beth Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Become a member of the Mustang Exchange here.
- Join the SMU Network. This portal facilitates relationships, career advice, mentorship opportunities and development opportunities between all SMU alumni and current students.
- Participate in Mock Interview Match this summer. Mock Interview Match provides rising 2L students the opportunity to practice their interview skills before an attorney in a real-world environment. You would agree to at least one interview session with a student in your office at a mutually agreeable day and time. If you are interested in serving as an interviewer, contact Karen Sargent (email@example.com).
- Share your experience with current students by participating in programs on campus with our office or partnering with a student organization. We schedule panels and programs on a variety of practice areas and career-related issues, and we are always looking for alumni to share their experience and individual perspectives. If you have a particular focus and would be willing to be a panelist or contribute to a career-related program, please contact Dana Minissale (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erika Fadel (email@example.com).
For information regarding other law school alumni opportunities through the Mustang Bar Association, please visit Alumni & Giving.
The Office of Career Services provides services and resources to assist SMU Dedman Law graduates who are conducting job searches or contemplating career changes.
Alumni of the law school may view job postings via Symplicity. If you do not have access to your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and graduation year. The overwhelming majority of our postings are for experienced lawyers, and many are posted to SMU Dedman Law graduates only. More information about services available to job-seeking alumni can be found on the Alumni Job Search page.