The Larrie and Bobbi Weil Undergraduate Research Award recognizes a student research paper that demonstrates depth, breadth, and thoughtful command of library resources. The winning student receives an award at Honors Convocation and $500. The winning paper is placed in the SMU Archives and SMU Scholar and may be published in the SMU Journal of Undergraduate Research.
- Only faculty members may nominate student papers.
- Students must be currently registered undergraduates at the time of receiving the award.
- Any papers from a course, program or project from the previous calendar year are eligible.
- Papers must be written in English and have one author.
- Use the Weil Award Committee Reviewer’s Guide to select student papers that demonstrate excellent use of library resources.
- Notify each student of your intent to nominate their paper.
- Nomination deadline: March 1