Request materials from other libraries or scans of articles and book chapters from SMU Libraries. We can borrow books, DVDs, music, articles, documents, and more. If we have the book chapter or article you need in print, we can scan it for you.
Login to your Interlibrary Loan account to:
- Make new requests
- Check due dates
- Ask for renewals
- Access materials delivered online
Make a Request
There are three ways to request materials through Interlibrary Loan:
- Choose "Request from Another Institution" in Library Search to autofill your request.
- Choose "Request SMU Interlibrary Loan" in WorldCat to autofill your request.
- If you have the full citation, sign in to your account and choose New Request.
For your first request, verify your account information and indicate your library.
Interlibrary Loan is a free service for:
- Current students
- Current or retired faculty
- Current or retired staff
- Friends of the Library members at the Library Fellow membership level or above
- Research Card holders