The SMU Podcast Studio in Fondren Library Red, Level 2 is a joint venture between the Office of Engaged Learning and SMU Libraries. Students, faculty, and staff can reserve the Studio to create audio and visual content for personal and professional use.
Using the Studio
- Before using the Podcast Studio for the first time, you must complete the Podcast Studio Training course in Canvas. Enroll in the course, then sign in to Canvas to complete the course. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.
- When you reserve the room, you'll be asked to upload proof of training completion and agree to the studio's policies. Reservations for the Studio must be made at least 1 day in advance.
- At your reserved time, come to the Main Desk in Fondren Library. Please bring your SMU ID and proof of training with you to check out the key.
- RODE Podcaster
- 4 microphones
- 4 headphones
- iMac with Adobe Suite (Premiere, Audition, etc.)
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface
- Yamaha HS5 speakers
- RODE NT1 mic with pop filter
Photo and Video Station
- 2 Canon XA60 camcorders
- 2 lavalier mics
- Mic kit
- Green screen kit
- 2 chairs and an artificial tree