Research Assignment Stipend
SMU Libraries encourages faculty to integrate new information literacy components into undergraduate and graduate coursework in collaboration with librarians. Winning faculty members will be awarded a $1000 stipend upon completion of a report on the impact on learning in the course.
Spring 2023 Winners
- Dr. Katharine Boswell, in collaboration with Social Science Research Librarian Julia Anderson, for Gender: Images & Perspectives (WGST 2322).
- Dr. Britta Hanson, in collaboration with Director of Hamon Arts Library Jolene de Verges, for International Film History (FILM 1266).
- Dr. Richard Hermes, in collaboration with Humanities Research Librarian Rebecca Graff, for The Global Novel (ENGL 2312).
- Dr. Joe Kobylka, in collaboration with Director of Educational Initiatives Megan Heuer, for Supreme Court Seminar (PLSC 4332).
- Dr. Leticia Treviño McDoniel, in collaboration with Social Science Research Librarian, Naomi Schemm, for Commercial Spanish for the International Trade (SPAN 4331).
The Larrie and Bobbi Weil Undergraduate Research Award
The Larrie and Bobbi Weil Undergraduate Research Award recognizes a student research paper that demonstrates depth, breadth, and thoughtful command of library resources. The winning student receives an award at Honors Convocation and $500. The winning paper is placed in the SMU Archives and in SMU Scholar and may be published in the SMU Journal of Undergraduate Research.
Faculty may submit nominations.
Justin Patty, Arthur Cotton and the Development of Public Works
Nominated by Dr. Jo Guldi, HIST 4300
The Business Library presents the Super Teacher Advocating Research (STAR) Award to faculty who include opportunities for students to apply research skills in their course(s). Selected faculty work closely with business librarians to develop assignments and determine the best ways to teach and assess research. It is awarded to one faculty member each year at the Cox Fall Faculty Retreat.
Hilary McIlvain, Adjunct Professor, Edwin L. Cox BBA Business Leadership Institute