SMU Libraries spaces are available for the SMU community to reserve for events and classes. To reserve a meeting or study room, please see Places to Study. Each space has its own policies. For AV equipment issues, contact OIT classroom support at 214-768-8888.
Collaborative Commons (Starbucks Area), Gray Level 1
The Collaborative Commons can be reserved for tabling or other small events.
- Reserve in STABLE space name FOLW1 - FOLW 1: Starbucks Cafe.
- May be reserved by current SMU faculty, staff, and students for library-sponsored or library-approved events.
- It may take up to two business days to be approved after you submit your request in STABLE.
Collaborative Classroom, Red 323
The Fondren Library Collaborative Classroom may be used by groups doing collaborative research, learning about research, or using our collections.
- The classroom includes moveable tables and seats for 35, whiteboards, projection, and Mersive and Qomo touch monitor classroom technology.
- SMU faculty and staff may request the room up to two times per semester or on a case-by-case basis
OIT Computer Labs, Red 109 and 110
OIT has two computer labs in Fondren Library.
- Reserve in STABLE space names FOLE0109 and FOLE0110.
- Fondren Library Red 109 has PC computers, one instructor station, projector and whiteboards.
- Fondren Library Red 110 has Mac computers, one instructor station, projector and whiteboards.
Texana Room, Gray 211
The Texana Room is a special event space that can host groups of up to 25 people.
- Reserve in STABLE space name FOLW0211.
- May be reserved Monday through Friday 8am to 9pm, Sat noon to 6pm, and Sun 10am to 9pm.
- May be reserved by current SMU faculty, staff, and students, with priority given to library-sponsored events.
Bridwell Public Conference Room 207
The library conference room seats up to 15 students and is prioritized for classes working with special collections.
- Book this room by scheduling an instruction session with Bridwell Special Collections or Theology librarians.
Kitt Investing and Trading Center, Hamon Arts Library Lower Level
The Kitt Investing and Trading Center has 31 student computers with access to FactSet and Morningstar Direct. Bloomberg can be accessed from the podium and 10 student terminals. The Kitt Center holds credit finance classes, hands-on library research workshops, and open research times for students.
Hamon Arts Library
Hawn Conference Room, Hamon 1240
The Hawn Conference Room can be reserved for meetings or occasional instruction. It includes tables and seating for 21, a projection screen, multimedia equipment, DTEN and a dry erase board.
- May be reserved Monday through Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm, and Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- May be reserved by SMU faculty and staff, with priority given to library-sponsored events.
- Drinks with lids and light refreshments or boxed lunches are allowed. Catering is not permitted. Please leave the room in the condition it was found.
Reserve the Hawn Conference Room in Outlook by scheduling an appointment with attendees. Add Hamon Hawn Conference in “Rooms” to the meeting. Use the Scheduling Assistant to check for availability.
Jeff Gordon Film & Collection Room, Hamon 3210
The Jeff Gordon Film & Collection Room may be reserved for film screenings. The 35-seat room has 16mm, 35mm and digital projectors available.
- May be reserved Monday through Thursday 10 am to 8 pm, and Friday 10 am to 4 pm, and occasional weekends
- May be reserved by SMU faculty and staff.
- Drinks with lids are allowed.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a film screening for classes and events.