SMU Libraries encourages faculty to integrate new information literacy components into undergraduate and graduate coursework in collaboration with librarians by awarding $1000 stipend to winning faculty. Faculty must participate in a faculty cohort workshop, implement information literacy in their course, and complete a report on the impact on learning in the course. Reports will be posted to this website.
All full-time and part-time faculty members are eligible. Faculty who have won the stipend previously may apply again for a different course.
Download the Application for SMU Libraries Research Assignment Stipend. Complete the application in collaboration with your librarian.
- For Fall courses: June 3
- For Spring and Summer courses: December 17
Applications will be reviewed based on:
- Proposes specific student learning outcomes (SLOs) for the assignment that address information literacy skills or concepts.
- Selects an assignment that’s integral to success in the course and provides significant course time to developing substantive research skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of collaboration with their librarian.
- Identifies bottlenecks to learning.
View the Selection Criteria Rubric.