Hughes-Trigg Student Center 2.0
Shaping world changers and creating community.
“Our vision for Hughes-Trigg is an exciting go-to spot with a lot of student life. It should be a fun hub where people are studying, working on group projects or meeting friends.” — Kate Jensen ’19
Take a virtual tour of the newly renovated SMU Hughes-Trigg Student Center!
The excitement is building in the SMU Hughes-Trigg Student Center. Check out the new Varsity hangout and dining space at SMU!
In 2019, the 32-year-old building began its transformation into a refreshed, reimagined and modern, inviting gathering space where students come together to socialize, study and participate in the full slate of campus opportunities that nurture a strong sense of community. The project was completed in January 2021, and Hughes-Trigg is once again the Hub on the Hilltop.
There are a handful of spaces still available to name within SMU’s Hughes-Trigg Student Center. Learn more about these unique naming opportunities by contacting Brandon Starr at 214-768-7726 or email@example.com.
- The ballroom
- Atrium commons
- Grand staircase
- Student commons
- Varsity Lounge
- East entrance and plaza
- West bridge and entrance
- Dean’s conference room
- Varsity entrance and courtyard
- Northwest breakout room
- Conference rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Breakout room
- Sitting area
- Staff break room
Exciting transformations for Hughes-Trigg include:
- Design elements showcasing Mustang pride and spirit throughout the building
- Technology infrastructure improvements for 21st-century needs, including power sources for electronic devices and self-service AV capabilities in the meeting rooms
- Open floor plan and new grand staircase to create airy and expansive feel
- Accessibility improvements, signage and a new east-side entrance creating a corridor to Fondren Library to increase user convenience
- Updated restrooms add convenience for families, including new family restrooms on all levels and a lactation room on Level 2
Hughes-Trigg needs to be modernized to align quality and function with the excellence that SMU strives for. A great student center fosters campus involvement, attracts prospective students and bonds the student body.
— Nathan DeVera ’19