Ways to give
When you give to SMU, you shape people and programs who will foster a better future and invest in Mustangs who will change the world. SMU Ignited donors will further elevate SMU among the preeminent U.S. universities and establish a legacy that will benefit generations to come. We invite you to join us as we make the previously impossible possible in the following ways:
Provide support in perpetuity for future faculty, students and programs
- Named endowment giving opportunities begin at a minimum of $100,000.
- SMU strongly encourages making a current-use supplemental gift at the time the endowment is created so that your impact on students and faculty starts immediately. (SMU policy is to allow endowment gifts to mature for five years before the University starts to spend proceeds from the investment.)
- To establish a new endowment fund, please contact the Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com, or 214-768-1911.
Make an immediate impact on current operations by giving to scholarships, programs and activities.
- Multiyear pledges or recurring gifts at all giving levels are encouraged.
- There are many ways to make your gift to SMU. Visit smu.edu/givenow or call 800-768-9996 to make a credit card gift or learn more about mailing checks.
Invest in buildings, facilities and equipment that support SMU students, faculty and staff
- Opportunities are available at all giving levels; naming opportunities for selected projects begin at a minimum of $25,000 (with select limited opportunities available at less than $25,000).
- To inquire about giving to a capital project, contact the Office of Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-4071.
Magnify your impact through arrangements that may also have tax and estate benefits
- By combining your philanthropic giving with tax and other financial gift planning strategies, you can play a critical role in creating an extraordinary future for SMU and the community it serves.
- To learn more, click the button below or contact the Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com or 214-768-1911.
Support enduring priorities that make a huge difference for students and faculty
- Gifts to the Opportunity SMU fund help us recruit, retain and graduate meritorious undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds. Learn more.
- Scholarships provide vital support to SMU’s students and create life-changing opportunities for thousands of future world changers. Learn more.
- Endowed faculty positions help the University retain and recruit world-class faculty members. Learn more.
School and unit giving
Direct your support to the area of the University that makes the kind of impact you want to make possible
- Each of the schools and units maintains a current list of giving priorities on its specific giving page.
- Gifts of every kind – endowment, current-use, capital, planned – can provide valuable support