Information for Foundations
The CFR team serves as your conduit and guide to SMU programs, projects, and faculty.
The CFR team fosters relationships with foundations to meet mutual philanthropic goals. We can help you connect with University leadership, develop projects or programs that further your goals, and identify ways that SMU is already achieving your philanthropic priorities. We work directly with your staff to develop proposals, gift agreements, and reports, as well as facilitate relationships with faculty experts and University leadership. The CFR team is your one-stop shop to connect your goals to SMU’s mission.
Contact us to discover how SMU can help achieve your foundation’s philanthropic priorities.
Information for Faculty and Staff
The CFR team is here to simplify the process of identifying, applying for, receiving, and reporting on philanthropic gifts from foundations. Our office provides full-service outreach, grant writing, and reporting, in tandem with faculty who serve as subject matter experts, for the purpose of securing philanthropic gifts.
Services We Provide
- Facilitate relationships with foundations
- Research potential funding sources and/or identified prospects
- Develop letters of inquiry, proposals, and other application materials jointly with subject matter experts
- Supply necessary supporting materials to foundations and obtain institutional signatures
- Schedule and coordinate site visits for potential and current funders
- Conduct stewardship activities including calendaring, tracking, and preparing reports for funded projects
- Circulate funding opportunities and RFPs to appropriate schools, departments, and units