SMU urges faculty and staff members who experience sexual harassment – including sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking – to seek help. SMU’s Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy applies to employees as well as students.
SMU Police, for 24/7 emergency help and criminal reporting. Call 911 or 214-768-3333, or pick up a blue-light phone on campus. If off-campus, call 911 to reach police in your jurisdiction.
SMU Title IX Coordinator, for internal grievance information and reporting. Call 214-768-3601, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee Assistance Program, for confidential counseling and referral services for all full-time and part-time benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their dependents. Call 1-877-704-5696, or learn more online.
Workplace Violence Assessment Team, which meets as needed to assess cases involving employees whose behavior is considered potentially threatening, violent or harmful to themselves or others. Immediate concerns should be reported to SMU Police at 214-768-3333. Employees may report emerging concerns to 214-768-THREAT, email email@example.com or submit an online reporting form.
Community and national resources
- The Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center (DARCC), 972-641-7273 (available 24/7)
- Genesis Women’s Shelter in Dallas, 214-946-4357
- The Family Place in Dallas, 214-941-1991
- Texas Council on Family Violence, 512-794-1133
- National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- The National Center for Victims of Crime , 855-4-VICTIM (855-484-2846)