A new school year begins as SMU welcomes the Class of 2015
Move-in, Rotunda Passage and Convocation signal the start of the 2011-12 school year. See the videos.
As a new school year begins at SMU, it is a particularly exciting time to be here — the University is commemorating the 100th anniversary of its founding with The Second Century Celebration.
Classes started Monday, August 22, and it's a good time for first-year students to consider their first lesson — college is different. And for more experienced students to remind themselves that each new school year brings a new beginning.
SMU’s Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center offers free tutoring and workshops throughout the academic year, including on time management, learning styles and test preparation. The center offers 10 tips to help you . . . read more.
The community side of SMU:
- The first Mustang Football game is against Texas A&M at College Station on September 4. Buses will be available for those wanting to go to College Station for the game.
- The first home football game is September 10.
- Men and Women's Soccer seasons are just starting.
- Family Weekend is September 16-18.
- Homecoming is November 3-6.
- Regularly check the "Upcoming Events" section of the Meadows School of the Arts homepage for student-priced cultural events.
Among the useful information:
- The Academic Calendar for 2011-12 provides information about key dates.
- For a list religious holiday observances, visit the Office of the Chaplain's information page.
# # #