If you enjoy libraries, reading, research, book collecting, fine press printing, or book binding, and would enjoy access to SMU collections and libraries, you already have something in common with our more than 200 members. Be part of our efforts to enhance SMU's intellectual pursuits and academic excellence by adding your name to our growing membership.
Your Friends of SMU Libraries’ membership helps SMU's libraries maintain their leadership in the region, and you'll enjoy the many benefits available to members:
- Invitations to all Friends of SMU Libraries events
- Announcements for library exhibitions, special events, and lectures
- Campus parking privileges at the Benefactor level or higher
- Library borrowing privileges at the Associate level or higher
- For supporters in their 20s, 30s, and 40s
SMU Faculty & Staff
- Current and Retired
- For Parents of SMU Students
- Library borrowing privileges
- All previous benefits and 10% discount at the SMU Bookstore
- Campus parking privileges and all previous benefits
- Interlibrary loan privileges and all previous benefits
- An engraved brick in the Friends Plaza and all previous benefits
The Friends of SMU Libraries Endowment Fund enhances the budgets of the SMU libraries, assures the quality of the libraries for the future, and allows Friends of SMU Libraries to provide continuous support not solely dependent on membership dues.
Library borrowing privileges are available at the Associate Level and higher. Your card will be mailed to you after your contribution is received. View our Friends card checkout periods and policies for more information.
The value of library borrowing privileges has been determined to be $50. All contributions in excess of that amount are tax deductible. Your gift is fully deductible if you decline borrowing privileges, as long as you notify us in writing.
Friends of SMU Libraries memberships are for one year, starting September 1 and expiring August 31. Friends joining in the late spring and summer will have their membership extended through the following August.